Downtime Happens. Get Notified with Uptime Monitoring from Town Press Media.
What is Website Up-time?
Uptime is the measure of the unbroken time that a hosting system experiences. Ideally, uptime would be at 100% (i.e. zero downtime) but in the real world, this is extremely difficult to achieve. In layman’s terms, Uptime is the number of hours that a computer server on which your website is hosted is working and available and is the opposite of downtime.
What is downtime?
When a website or web service is not available online or doesn’t function well enough for end users to perform a task, the site is considered to be experiencing downtime. It is mostly due to the server connection or the system breakdown.
Why Is Uptime Important?
time is important because it means that your hosting service is available or the server connection is working perfectly. If your site is not available then obviously this has a negative impact on your business. Customers and potential customers can not see your website so you may lose business with loss of potential customers. You can not send or receive emails. Maybe Google and other search engines see that your website is unreliable and this negatively affects your ranking.
How Is Uptime Calculated
Uptime is determined in light of the number of hours that the system (server) is accessible between a given time-frame and is communicated as a rate.
For example, yearly uptime is figured as follows:
- The number of hours or uptime separated by Number of hours every year duplicated by 100
- We should take a gander at an illustration. We realize that there are 365 days for every year so as far as hours, there are a sum of 365 x 24 = 8760 hours.
- So if there were 4 hours of downtime for every year then that would imply that there are 8756 of uptime (i.e. 8760 hours less 4 hours downtime). So the estimation would be:
- (8756/8760) x 100 = 99.95%
Everyone with a website knows that things can sometimes go wrong. Sometimes it is with the code, the server or the network…Our service helps you to keep your websites up.
We monitor your websites every 5 minutes and send out an alert you if your site is down for an extended period.
* 14 Day Money Back guarantee. No questioned asked if unhappy – of course, if you don’t receive any emails of downtime, that’s a good thing.